Saturday, May 5, 2007

UGLY PARTY - May 1995

Back in 1995 I threw an "Ugly Party". I can't recall exactly what we ate but I do remember a lot of canned vienna sausages and a store bought jelly roll pierced with baby carrots. Since I'm a lousy cook I always fell back on serving weinies in a blanket. I don't know what I'd do without Pillsbury - thank you little Doughboy. Everyone got into the spirit and dressed in the worst thrift store suits, cardigans and dresses. I was working at Family Planning and brought home some especially repellant pelvic models. Don't get me wrong all of you feminists out there - I think we should celebrate the beauty of our private bits but these pelvic models were really grotty. One was "invisible" with the ovaries just kind of hanging in space. The other model was ancient - really large with full buttocks and thighs and was used to demonstrate diaphragm insertion. It had turned a sickening ochre color, had a very unpleasant texture and was still covered with glutinous KY jelly. Blech - sorry for the description but at least I'm not showing you the pictures. I have included a few shots of myself and Jill. The red lipstick all over Jill's teeth was a brilliant touch. She wore a musty old mason's sash and real chicken's feet for earrings. I was going for the overtanned Florida retiree look (with a hirsute problem). Theme parties are almost always a guaranteed winner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You chics are FUGLY (F--in Ugly!).

Jen F.

Country Mouse said...

YES. Fugly is one of those GREAT new words in our lexicon. A PERFECT example of modern slang. To see one of the best living, breathing examples of it go to "Go Fug Yourself" at:

http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/

If celebrity fashion and culture drives you batty you'll love the witty commentary provided by Heather and Jessica - Fuggers Extaordinaire.