Wednesday, May 2, 2007

More Mercenary Dreaming . . .

I was standing in line at the supermarket check-out, flipping through an architectural magazine when lo and behold I found the flooring of my dreams "Livinglass". My heart started to pound and my palms got sweaty - it's that gorgeous. It's more than just flooring though - it can be used for walls, ceilings, doors, showers, tables, back splashes, etc.. The other wonderful thing is this stuff is THICK - an inch or more depending. There's something so fantastic about objects encased in a clear substance. I'm attracted to the concept in jewelry too. (See Jennifer Flatow's "Jellie Joolz" bracelets and Barbie's Basement belt buckles, necklaces and other acccessories). I'll include some pictures of Livinglass but I recommend you visit their website since they have so many options available and can also do custom work. I didn't even look at the price - this is strictly "dream home" fodder. Amazingly they can capture most 3 dimensional objects while keeping the integrity of it's look (like draped fabric). Livinglass suspends jelly beans in glass as well but I thought licorice allsorts would be even better.

Here's Livinglass' propaganda straight from their site: "Livinglass is composed of two sheets of glass and a resilient polymer interlayer. Due to the composite action of these materials, Livinglass is an impact resistant safety glass for both residential and commercial applications. Inspired by the colors and textures of nature, Livinglass is a laminated architectural glass, which captures organic materials within luminous sheets of clear glass. We can laminate any material up to 1" in thickness without losing the brilliance or structural integrity of the glass. Combine 2 or 3 interlayer materials, add a background color, throw in a textured or patterned glass and you have a custom designed, unique Livinglass material.

I know I'm starting to sound like some kind of sales rep but it's just that bubbling enthusiasm coming up.

No comments: