Sunday, May 6, 2007

Jill - The Beautiful

I haven't been doing Jill justice since posting such a plethora of bizarre pictures of her on my blog. I thought I'd try to right the situation by putting up a more fetching shot. This was a polaroid I took in 1996 when we were at "The Mad Hatter" Tattoo Convention in Portland, Maine. She was in a handmade nagahide dress with metal fastenings and I tried to scratch the polaroid to match the hotel bedspread. By now Jill has A LOT of beautiful tattoos - many done by our mega talented friend Julie Rose. As I said, Jill used to live here in Maine and livened up everyones's life (especially mine). She has a fabulous mix of sweetness, adventurousness and an amazing ability to reinvent herself. She now lives in New York City and makes a living selling her vibrant and distinctive paintings which you can find here. Things are a little dull without her. I feel better looking at her paintings, thinking about how much fun we had and seeing how talented she always remains.

No comments: