Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Cute as a Button!

Brad was out on the road and noticed another truck hauling T@B trailers. He knew I'd like them since my dream is to one day join the recreational vehicular subculture. We once saw a medium size camper for sale from the late 1950's in PERFECT condition. It had all the original accessories with a pine interior and looked like it had never been used. It was $1,000 which was an incredible bargain. At that time $1,000 was like $100,000 or $1,000,000 to us and therefore an impossibilty. Anyway - these campers are all still out of our price range but I thought I'd post some pictures for anyone who has yet to see them. You can go the the official T@B website here. They are so incredibly cute but the one drawback is not being able to stand up straight in it (as it's so very small). This was good to hear since I'm claustrophobic. Now I'm less covetous.


But that impediment got me thinking of Airstream Trailers again. Even more out of our price range unless money starts flying from the heavens. Since I'm only imagining here I thought I would imagine having the 75th Anniversary Limited Edition of their smaller "Bambi" trailer. After all - that way you get a toilet and shower too.

Here is the Propoganda from the Airstream site: "Airstream Inc. commemorates its 75th Anniversary with a stylish, modernistic take on old-fashioned luxury. The 75th Commemorative Edition Travel Trailer combines ultra-refined, polished aluminum interiors with rich, natural materials such as warm wood veneers materials and details which pay homage to founder Wally Byam’s original designs. Designer David Winick took the lead in creating an interior space that is both ultra modern and retrospective."

Hmmmmm, it's beautiful - really a piece of rolling art. If you have an interest in taking the virtual tour just click here.

I've included some pictures - check out the fabulous interior. So now you know my ultra conventional plan for retirement - if I don't end up in a Home with Alzheimers. (Knock on "warm wood veneer").

No comments: