Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Reader's Request for One More Kidney Stone

Unbelievably, I had an audience request (or at least a wistful wish) for another kidney stone picture. Dear Readers, I always aim to please - so here, one more time, is a KIDNEY STONE.


In deference to other's delicate sensibilities I have posted a more tasteful image (sort of - kind of). This kidney stone is reminiscent of the Great Pyramids of Giza. It's really quite beautiful when you think about it.

And to put KIDNEY STONES in a broader perspective - I thought I'd include some quotes from William Shatner (another kidney stone sufferer). Shatner - a true Canadian Icon, auctioned off his kidney stone which fetched a hefty $25,000. The proceeds were donated to Habitat for Humanity. Shatner remarked "This takes organ donors to a new height, to a new low, maybe. How much is a piece of me worth?"



One of the many things I love about Mr. Shatner is the way he bends and shapes the sound and tone of the english language. Just imagine the sonorousness with which he described his excruciating experience -"It was so big, you'd want to wear it on your finger. If you subjected it to extreme heat, it might turn out to be a diamond. The purity of the pain--they had to give me morphine...It was just unbelievable pain. It made you kind of think about what pain is. It was awful."

We are still awaiting the lab analysis of Brad's little stony birth. I'll keep you "posted". I know you're all waiting with bated breath.

No comments: