Saturday, April 14, 2007

Jude & I- Partners in Crime - Aunt Judy Remembers Food Fight

Here's proof that my memory is shitty. My Aunt Judy is the ultimate family story teller. I wish she'd write this stuff down. Anyway, above is a picture of Jude and I. I just realized it may look like I have a mouth deformity but I'm sticking out my tongue in concentration (trying to feign intense interest in my Dad's softball game). I think I was 12 or 13 in the picture which makes Judy 25 or 26 years old. After my post I received this email from her which actually sets the record straight on our food fight. I promise - no more boring old stories on my Blog after this!!

Here's Judy:
"HA HA-VERY FUNNY. But I think you have forgotten the fact that I didn't leave you at Grandma's, I dragged you back to my place. It was there your conscience got the better of you and you said you really wanted to ring Grandma and say sorry. I said go ahead-THEN knowing she wouldn't get mad at you-because really, it WAS all my fault. You just sat there in disbelief and shock, giggling as the eggs and flour dripped off your head. I told you to tell her I was sorry too (being the scared twit I was). I just realized - we must have walked, or taken the subway all the way back to my place with you looking like hell because I know we left quickly. But really - we did keep telling her not to come in, we would clean it up. She always thought no one could clean like her. No wonder I didn't learn to clean properly until I went to England and had my own family."

So there you have it folks. The end of my food fight story. You can now breathe a collective sigh of relief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.