Sunday, April 1, 2007

Of Ziggy Stardust and The Runaways

These shoes remind me of the good old days. The late 1970's when you could go to a stadium concert and cut the marijuana smoke with a knife. It's just not the same with all these straight edge venues. What fond memories - going to see AC/DC in my boyfriend Bill's Dodge Nova (a bright orange car - how fabulous it would be to have a car like that now). Yeah for Angus Young - AC/DC was one of the best large stadium shows I've ever seen. Bill drove so fast I'd have to hang on to the dashboard while wearing my seatbelt. He was a smart boy and looked like a slighty less attractive Gary Oldman. Bill played the bagpipes. Do YOU (Dear Audience) ever wonder what happened to your high school flings? I was just a teenager reading Cream and Circus magazine, dreaming of being a guitarist and doing overwrought drawings of my rock heroes.

No comments: