Saturday, March 24, 2007

My First Rant (more coming but I'll try to keep it at a minimum)

Today I only scratched the surface of our dreaded yearly health care enrollment (and I've spent 2 days so far devoted to it). It's easy to understand why so many people are uninsured in this country and that's a damn shame. For assorted reasons I have to enroll. Through the "news" I'm reminded of the obscene profits these companies, CEOs and pharmaceuticals make - to the detriment of those that are insured. Coming from Canada, one of the many countries that offer a national health care policy I am SO dismayed by the state of health care in the USA. There's not much else to say beyond gritting my teeth and finding the least bank breaking option. I can say "don't believe the hype" - national health care WORKS and should be a right for any so-called, evolved country and it's citizens. Sorry to be a bummer with this post. On to more pleasant topics. But I'd be lying if I said I haven't been tearing out my hair over this.

No comments: